These doggy muffins are now at the top of Sam’s list of favs! How do I know? Because he took his begging to a whole new level after I made them. Get this…About 3 o’clock this morning, he wakes me up whining and crying. Thinking he needs to go out, I drag myself out of bed and we head downstairs. Instead of running to the back door, he runs for the kitchen and starts doing a happy dance while staring at the big ziploc baggy that’s filled with these freshly baked pupcakes. Seriously, Sam?! Consider yourself warned.
Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth – I used natural smooth)
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and either line a muffin tin with paper cups or lightly spray it with oil.
2. Mix together all of the dry ingredients and set the bowl aside.
3. Using a food processor, blend the peanut butter, egg, milk, banana, honey and oil until smooth and well blended.
4. Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Note: Don’t go crazy here, you just want the dry ingredients to be incorporated with the wet ones. The resulting mixture will be somewhere between a batter and a really sticky dough.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup to about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes if making mini muffins and 18-20 minutes for regular-sized.
Store these in an airtight container (hence the aforementioned ziploc baggy) at room temperature and they’ll keep for about a week.
Adapted from a doggy muffin recipe found in the You Bake ‘em Dog Biscuits Cookbook