April 26th is National Kids & Pets Day, so here’s a super easy recipe for homemade dog treats that the kiddos will surely love to help you make.
1 cup flour (you can use whole wheat or all-purpose)
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking sheet (or two).
2. Put the peanut butter in a medium-large microwave safe bowl and warm for about 45 seconds. You’re going to want to get it kinda “liquidy” so that it can easily be mixed with the other ingredients.
3. Add the cereal, flour, eggs and oil to the softened peanut butter and mix well.
4. Take teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll it between your palms until a ball forms.
5. Place the dough balls on your lightly greased baking sheets.
6. Either with a fork (like you would for peanut butter cookies) or with a fingertip, flatten the dough balls before baking.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Easy, right? Store these treats in an airtight container or ziploc baggy and they should keep for a week or so. If you want to keep them fresh a bit longer, you can store them in the fridge.