Warning: This is on the cusp of being wayyy too much sharing, so if you’re feeling uncomfortable at any time, please skip to the dog biscuit recipe. The past few days, I’ve been out of sorts. Mopey, stressed, just plain hard to be around. That’s fine. We all go through brief periods when the world isn’t all rainbows and unicorns, right? Unfortunately, my boy’s been picking up on all my negative energy and is now in a funk of his own. Soooo….to cheer him up, I whipped up a batch of these crispy, crunchy dog biscuits. Made with honey, vanilla and cinnamon, they’re sorta sweet, but not too over-the-top.
Crunchy Honey Cinnamon Dog Biscuits
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 375 and lightly grease a couple of baking sheets.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, milk and egg. Once you’ve got that mixed, stir in the flour and baking powder. Mix until a dough forms.
3. On a lightly floured surface, dump out the contents of the bowl and then knead it until all of the ingredients are incorporated and it can be spread using a rolling pin. Roll the dough out to about a 1/4″ thickness and then either cut using cookie cutters or a pizza cutter.
4. Place the uncooked biscuits on your baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container
By the way, this post is part of my first ever Tasty Tuesday! Thanks to Kol’s Notes and Sugar the Golden Retriever for hosting it!